giovedì 26 maggio 2011

Cuff me up: Alkemie Jewelry


This brand is a nice discovery I made a few days ago: what got me hooked are the intresting designs, mostly representational and nature inspired (animals, plants and sealife are the main subjects). But after  falling in love with most of the pieces I found out something that made the brand even better: all designs are made of 100% reclaimed metal and manufactured by hand in downtown Los Angeles. Husband and wife Dara Gerson and Ashley Lowengrub cofounded this company with very clear goal of making completely eco-friendly: from the use of the materials, the promotion of fair trade, local living wage and eco-sustainable business practices to combat the existing harmful effects and conditions of the metal and gemstone industry. On top of all that, they also make great jewelry!




The whole collection is great, but the cuffs and bangles are defenitely my favorite. Here are some: 





Nessun commento:

Posta un commento